Instituto Cervantes Accredited Center in Costa Rica
About Instituto Cervantes
is a Spanish public institution created in 1991 and is dedicated to promoting the Spanish language and spread the culture from Spanish-speaking countries. It has a presence in 77 cities of 44 countries in 5 continents.
Why is the accreditation important?
With the lack of regulations in the Spanish teaching business in Costa Rica and most of Latin America, an international accreditation is important to ensure students that the school is working with the same standards as the best schools in Spain and the rest of countries of the Spanish speaking world. This not only applies to the quality of service in all areas, but more importantly, to the system and methodology of teaching.
However, an accreditation surely can’t measure how good teachers actually are everyday in the classroom. That’s where our many years of experience come into play (established in 1986)! Our teachers are friendly, experienced and prepared to make classes interesting and fun.
Academia Tica Coronado is proudly an Accredited Center of Instituto Cervantes for more than 15 years, this is the most important international accreditation in our line of business.
Instituto Cervantes ensures that educational institutions bearing the “Accredited Center” mark comply with the latest rules and methods by making periodical evaluations.
Students that study in a centre accredited by the Instituto Cervantes are choosing a centre that:
- Meets all legal requirements in order to offer teaching services.
- Provides a curriculum that guarantees adequate progress in student learning.
- Has a team of well qualified teachers.
- Follows a methodology adapted to the needs of the students.
- Regularly evaluates courses and programs.
- Promotes student participation in the DELE (Diploma de 贰蝉辫补帽辞濒 como Lengua Extranjera/ Diploma of Spanish as a foreign language) examination within the centre, or at an official DELE examination site.
- Guides students with their progress in learning Spanish.
- Provides classrooms equipped with adequate resources for teaching Spanish.
- Manages an effective student feedback process.
- Responds efficiently to all student complaints.
- Offers clear and comprehensive information about the courses and services provided.
- Offers no false advertising of their products and services.
DELE Exam Center
Academia Tica is also a DELE Exam Center, celebrating three to four exam sessions every year (usually in April, May, July and November). You can prepare for the test and take the exam with us! Check the DELE Exam information and also our DELE Preparation Course page for more info.
More about Instituto Cervantes
Instituto Cervantes provides several services apart from being an official regulatory body when it comes to Spanish teaching. It offers the and (Aula Virtual Cervantes).
If your city has an Instituto Cervantes nearby, it’s always a good idea to study with them before or after coming to Costa Rica for the immersive language experience.